Frugal Healthy Recipe: Cucumber Salad

By Marissa Bognanno, Author of "The Boot" Blog, Pro Chef & Zumba Instructor

I guess it's a blessing in disguise that I'm fanatical about cucumbers. It all started when I was little and I put slices of them on my eyes after I saw in my mom doing it. I loved the smell of them. Then my Nana would make big bowls of cucumber and tomato salad with lots of vinegar and olive oil, further enhancing my love. And the smell of a cucumber? It's one of my favorites. Give me a face wash or perfume that smells like them and I'm buying it.

Last summer I discovered this cold cucumber soup and I'm not lying - I make it about three times a week over the summer. I told you I had a problem! Brittany's always like, "Cucumber soup again?"

Now I'm loving this cucumber salad - it's refreshing and crisp, perfect as a side dish to chicken on the grill or a wrap at lunch. And in this stifling heat, it's pretty much all I want to eat!
[Martha's recipe calls for fresh dill only, but since I've yet to kill the herb garden, I used some fresh basil in mine too!]


Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill Dressing
from Martha Stewart

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4-6 Kirby cucumbers (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise

In a medium bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Garnish with more dill. Serve immediately or after refrigerating only up to an hour or two.

Anyone else have a fruit/vegetable obsession that I need to know about? Or maybe hop on the bandwagon towards? 

Frugal Fitness Fun For Everyone! Subscribe Today


For More Great Tips, Get My Best-Seller On Amazon:

I hope you enjoyed this article about how to live healthier on a frugal budget and maximize your performance!

Interested in more articles about frugal fitness? 

Read My Posts:

Stay Frugal & Fit My Friends!

Frugal Fitness World Wide Wellness
Free Workouts & Nutrition On A Budget
"Crushing Fitness Costs Worldwide"


Also visit the Cheap Marketing

New Frugal Finance Blog Posts & Articles