Frugal Healthy Recipe: Fro-Yo Frozen Yogurt

By Marissa Bognanno, The Frugal Diet contributing Chef, Zumba Instructor, & Author of "The Boot" Blog

I'm always trying to recreate American goodies that I can't find here in Italy; jambalaya, fried rice, chili, muffins...sadly not everything turns out exactly the same. Frozen yogurt is one of those things on my list of Things I Have To Eat As Soon As I Return To America, and I had the most intense craving for it recently that it had to be made. Stat! Truly Yogurt in Wellesley, MA (been there anybody?) has the best frozen yogurt everrrr! There's even a photo of Zo and I on the wall! (This doesn't get you free yogurt apparently. Fail.) Anyway, as I was blending my yogurt and fresh fruits I kept thinking about how mine was going to be exactly the same as Truly's, and that I was going to set up a little stand outside and people would come for miles around to taste this American yogurt thing and I would be rich! Rich I tell you!

Alas.

It was gross. Well, no, not gross, but just yogurty. It literally was like, "Wow, I'm eating yogurt that's frozen. Not Frozen Yogurt." But if you want a healthy snack on a hot day, it's not that bad. 

Frozen Yogurt
(pretty sure I got it from Real Simple, but I can't find the link)
Blend until smooth one container of plain yogurt with 1/4 cup fresh berries or banana. Add 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey) or more to taste. Freeze for at least 1 hour or until semi-firm. 


I mean it looks good doesn't it? I guess I just had Truly on the brain. Oreo and coffee frozen yogurt twist? I'm sorry, it just doesn't get much better than that! I'll forgo my Bikini Blast any day for that! 

Frugal Fitness Fun For Everyone! Subscribe Today


For More Great Tips, Get My Best-Seller On Amazon:

I hope you enjoyed this article about how to live healthier on a frugal budget and maximize your performance!

Interested in more articles about frugal fitness? 

Read My Posts:

Stay Frugal & Fit My Friends!

Frugal Fitness World Wide Wellness
Free Workouts & Nutrition On A Budget
"Crushing Fitness Costs Worldwide"


Also visit the Cheap Marketing

New Frugal Finance Blog Posts & Articles