Frugal Healthy Recipe: Mixed Berry Oats

Contributed by Courtney Horan, Author of the healthy living blog Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life. 

Happy Thursday, friends! How’s life treatin’ ya this morning?
I woke up a little on the groggy side this morning, thanks to two glasses of wine last night at trivia. Yes, apparently I’ve become that girl. A two beer wine queer.
Ehh, that doesn’t really go well, now does it? Ahh well. You get the gist.
I decided to hold off on an early morning workout and get right to breakfast because it was all I could think of from the minute I got up. Not that that’s any different from any other day, but you know.
IMG_1247
Check out all of those colorful berries!
Apparently, I had a craving for them during my last shopping trip, wouldn’t ya say? Either way, I’m glad I did because today’s bowl of mixed berry oats was super yummy. To make the oats, I used
  • 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 2 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla SunWarrior protein powder
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract (<—YUM!)
  • cinnamon & nutmeg
I nixed my usual banana today, since mine aren’t nearly ripe enough…and if you’ve ever tried making whipped banana oats with a non-ripe banana, then you know what I’m talkin’ about. But with all the sweetness of these berries, I didn’t even miss it.
IMG_1252
The mixed berries (both stirred in at the end of cooking and on top) were amazingly delicious, especially when paired with a sprinkling of Love Grown Foods granola. This bowl totally had me thinking spring & summer time…don’t I wish.
IMG_1255
I also made sure to try my new English Toffee liquid stevia in this morning’s coffee, and I’m happy to report that I am definitely a fan.
IMG_1262
I’m pretty sure Code-man wanted in on the goods this morning, too.
IMG_1112
He couldn’t keep his eyes off of it and even went in for a swig of coffee twice. He’s a ballzy little thing, I’ll tell ya!

Frugal Fitness Fun For Everyone! Subscribe Today


For More Great Tips, Get My Best-Seller On Amazon:

I hope you enjoyed this article about how to live healthier on a frugal budget and maximize your performance!

Interested in more articles about frugal fitness? 

Read My Posts:

Stay Frugal & Fit My Friends!

Frugal Fitness World Wide Wellness
Free Workouts & Nutrition On A Budget
"Crushing Fitness Costs Worldwide"


Also visit the Cheap Marketing

New Frugal Finance Blog Posts & Articles