Frugal Recipe: Lemon Pepper Pappardelle

 By Marissa Bognanno, Professional Chef and Zumba Instructor, and Author of The Boot Blog
Prologue: This morning Manu's alarm went off bright and early (this week it's the theme song to Pirates of the Caribbean. Oh, Manu. A ten year old at heart.) He turned to me and asked, first thing, "What are you cooking on the blog today? And will you save me some?" When I told him it was the Trader Joe's pappardelle he said, "You never take me to the Joe's!"

A staple in our summer kitchen in Medfield is lemon pepper pappardelle from Trader Joe’s. Peppery with a great big lemon flavor, we eat it as a quick lunch with some olive oil and grated Parmigiano, or as the main event with a cream sauce and some veggies. I love the pappardelle, but since I live in Barletta and TJ’s sadly doesn’t exist, I needed to make my own. Plus, it felt like the perfect day for it - sunny and bright, just like a lemon itself.

Lemon Pepper Pappardelle
1/2 pound pappardelle or fettuccine
1 lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
1 tsp ground black pepper 
grated cheese

Boil plenty of salted water for the pasta. (Italian lady trick: taste the water, if it’s salty, it’s just right.) In the meantime, zest the lemon and squeeze its juice in a big bowl with the olive oil and two peppers. Drain the pasta reserving about a 1/4 cup of cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the other ingredients in the bowl adding the reserved cooking liquid for moisture, you might not need it all. Serve immediately with more lemon zest on top and the grated cheese of your choice. Buon appetito!

Another gorgeous weekend is in store for us here in Barletta, so I want to savor every minute outside on our balcony and riding my bike. With a trip to Ikea squeezed in to buy supplies for my new endeavor. :) If you want to take a little virtual trip to Barletta today, check out my post on Elembee! 
Buon weekend!

*IF YOU LIKE THIS POST, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOG & SHARE W/ YOUR FRIENDS*

Frugal Fitness Fun For Everyone! Subscribe Today


For More Great Tips, Get My Best-Seller On Amazon:

I hope you enjoyed this article about how to live healthier on a frugal budget and maximize your performance!

Interested in more articles about frugal fitness? 

Read My Posts:

Stay Frugal & Fit My Friends!

Frugal Fitness World Wide Wellness
Free Workouts & Nutrition On A Budget
"Crushing Fitness Costs Worldwide"


Also visit the Bootstrapped Entrepreneur

New Frugal Finance Blog Posts & Articles